An update regarding the COVID-19 outbreak from Xlent CEO, Andrew Govan.
I trust you are well and keeping safe. With the current COVID cluster that we are experiencing in Adelaide, I have implemented a series of firm restrictions. These may be perceived as a bit over the top in comparison to what people are able to go and do on their own and with others in a public setting.
However, I am confident that this is the right decision for Xlent. We value the safety of all participants, parents, carers and Xlent employees. Please bear with us while we take steps to accomplish this goal until the situation is under control.
These are the steps we are taking to minimise the risk and keep our Xlent community safe:
- Activities at public venues such as bowling, shopping, libraries, Drinks Club, visits to community and recreation centres, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- Visits to parks, playgrounds, public toilets and outdoor gyms in high-risk suburbs are prohibited.
- As per Government advice, we are observing social distancing measures such as 4 square metres per person inside Xlent facilities. This will reduce the number of participants on site.
- Xlent staff will wear masks when driving and providing personal care, or when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Employees will not be attending work if they have attended any of the identified high-risk locations or have a connection to a confirmed case of COVID. We ask that any parents, guardians or accommodation staff who may have visited the locations to please notify the Office as soon as possible.
- We are asking that if your participant, or anyone in their house or family, is showing signs of illness that they stay at home and seek a COVID test. To ensure everyones safety the participant will not be able to return to Xlent until the test comes back negative.
- Because our staff pool may be limited due to self-isolation, there may be some services that we cannot provide. If we need to cancel your service, we’ll give you as much notice as possible.
- We will be reassessing the attendance of participants who are more vulnerable or higher risk, or whose support/behavioural needs have a significant impact on others. We also understand that some participants may want to stay home for a while for their own precaution. Please let us know if you are not going to be attending your usual Xlent Program.
Thank you again for being part of the Xlent Family. I am sorry for any hardship that may be caused as a result of these actions. I have made these decisions with the goal of ensuring everyone’s safety and to aid us to getting back to our regular programs safely and as soon as possible.
Andrew Govan CEO
Xlent Disability Services
Head Office 1333 Nth East Rd Tea Tree Gully
www.xlent.org.au [email protected]
(08) 8165 2023